Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama and Adam: a winning direction for America!


As I sit here watching history being made, the inauguration of Barak Obama as the 44th president, I am humbled to share this common experience with people all over the world. It really puts things in perspective. I've got chills down my spine as I, and hopefully many of us, dare to think positively about our collective future. But wait. Isn't this supposed to be a blog about my adventures working various food jobs and other silly acts? Why, yes it is but how can one ignore the magnitude of the history we are partaking in?
Will Work For Food premiered last night on Food Network and now the world knows what I've been up to for the past six months. The experience of traveling the nation and meeting different individuals and working these jobs is one that I am so honored to have had. I hope you all enjoyed the premiere episode highlighting my lobster and honey adventures. I think you get the idea of how this is going to play out. I go. I do job. Sometimes I do the job very well and sometimes, most of the time actually, It's a bit of a struggle. Hopefully, no matter what the results of my particular employment situation, it makes for an enjoyable watch.
The exciting thing aboutWWFF is that each episode is different. You'll never see me screw up the same way twice. Hopefully you'll learn a few things on the way as well. Whether I'm eating competitvely or trying to be a flair bartender. Farming Abalone or eating dog food. I hope you enjoy the show as much as I enjoyed making it. Please let me know what you think. It's my hope that in this format I may be able to give a little more insight to these adventures as you can only get so much out of a 10 or 12 minute edit. Consider this blog a sort of "behind the scenes with Adam Gertler". Thank you all so much for your support and congratulations go out to a America.
Peace,
Adam Gertler

16 comments:

  1. I would like to say that I loved the premiere of WWFF!! Can't wait for Monday night's new episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you always had such keen coordination skills? No, really, you were a great bartender. . .NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the show and set my DVR to record all the new ones. You were my NFNS favorite, so I am happy to see you on the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you much success, Adam. You are a talented and captivating entertainer/chef and you have a really good attitude.

    You won't come out and say it but I will... Food Network doesn't seem to be giving you the support you deserve. I hope you'll soon get a better opportunity with someone who'll really get behind you and let your personality shine through. All the best,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroughly enjoy watching you host WWFF. You are an excellent host! Your humor and likeable personality make it so entertaining. Looking forward to more Adam Gertler!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was awesome watching you put your heart&soul into the the Next Food Network Star competition. WWFF is a great venue for you, looking forward to more WWFF. And, after talking about your favorite dessert on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". I had to try it! You're right! It's amazing! Continued good Llck, Adam. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the show, I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought that you should have won the "Next Foodnetwork Star" competition, so pumped to see that they came to their senses and you landed the "WWFF" show. Both you and McCargo deserved a show. Not happy as all to see that they moved your show from 8:30pm to 9:30pm on Monday here on the West Coast. Putting you in competition with "FOX's 24" was not too smart. Have them get 10 year old episodes of "Wrapped" out of here and put your excellent "Will Work For Food" back where the viewing audiences can find you and enjoy your antics. You're a funny guy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought that you should have been selected the winner of the "Next Foodnetwork Star" competition, but I'm glad that they called you back to give you your own show too. "WWFF" really gives you the forum to display your ablity to connect with people at a down-to-earth level, yet entertain us with your natural humor that we've come to enjoy so much. They need to move "Will Work For Food" back to the 8:30pm time slot on the West Coast, so it doesn't compete with Keifer Sutherland's "24" on FOX. Ten year old episodes of "Unwrapped" can take that 9:30pm rating killer. You have a great show. Keep up the awesome entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam, ran into you back at the LA BBQ fest and we had a great talk about the heaven that is texas bbq. Anyway, I greatly appreciated your role as pitmaster at Louie Mueller's! I still think Kreuz is slightly better, but Mueller's is certainly the real deal. Wonder if they'll ever get bbq like that out here in LA... Best of luck on the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adam, I'm loving your show WWFF! Congrats!
    And waiting for your next blog.
    Will be praying for you :)
    Reada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your show is great. Your blog is good. However, the pictures, on the blog, are not good. You could use some photo editing. If you email some pictures to me, I will fix them for free and email them back to you. Regards....Eric@erictakespictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new show - so far I have enjoyed all. Keep up all the great work!

    John in cold Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best thing to happen to Monday nights. Okay..not the best thing...but damn close! Congrats on the new show. Just so you know..I was rooting for you on the NFNS and was pissed you didn't win. Turns out you win after all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the premier, but the teppanyaki segment was the best. I was also kinda surprised when you showed up in Las Vegas at the wine tower that Lisa had to use for her commercial in the semifinals of Next Food Network Star. Did seeing that during NFNS have anything to do with you going back to do it later?

    Dude, so proud of you... our family rooted for you so much during NFNS that I feel almost like my kid brother has a TV show. Yeah, yeah, I know... but still. You've come a long way since the Coast Guard galley and you've really learned the lessons and now it's paid off.

    Good show! (no, really... good show... love it.)

    Jared Rypka-Hauer, Minneapolis, MN

    ReplyDelete